New bottom triple tree.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

New bottom triple tree.

Post by YAMAEXUP »

When I first got my pre-Ru I needed to sort out all sorts of things on the bike before I could MoT it...that's why I got it at such a good price. When I had the front wheel out to get the front tyre replaced I thought I would regrease the steering head bearings. This was all very well until I went to put the fork legs back into the yoles...there was a slight misalignment. So I pressed out the steering stem and chucked it up in my lathe...yes it was bent.

I'd seen an article in 'Streetfighters' mag about a GSXR with a mahoosive bottom yoke that was fabricated by Performoto up in Tottenham, so I went along with my standard yoke and asked if it was possible to make me something better than the very heavy cast iron item from my bike. They hadn't done one for an Exup before, but it was only an adjustment on the CNC programme, and two weeks later I had the call. I went without supper that night as I was more interested in getting the bike done...wives-they just don't understand us.
This was back in 1992, but I took some piccies last night when getting some of the seal savers...

Nice in black anodised...
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk