Dead Battery

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Grim Reaper
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Dead Battery

Post by Grim Reaper »

Can anyone recommend a decent optimizer cos my battery doesnt like the cold :crybaby:
Also can anyone tell me the difference between them. Are there any particular ones to avoid?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I've always used Optimate. got two of them and never had any probs. I use the perma fix connections so I just have to plug it in when the bike rests where it usually sits. Its on 24/7 during the winter months

They can reclaim dead batteries sometimes too depending on how far they've deteriorated :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rf9rider
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by rf9rider »

Stig wrote:I've always used Optimate. got two of them and never had any probs. I use the perma fix connections so I just have to plug it in when the bike rests where it usually sits. Its on 24/7 during the winter months

They can reclaim dead batteries sometimes too depending on how far they've deteriorated :thumbsup:
I`ll second Stigs suggestion.
Never had any problems with the Optimate.
plodder

Post by plodder »

Yup. Optimate 3 SP with permanent connections.
Converted to pedal power. Now skinny as fook.
itsnotagenesis

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Mines called an Oximizer (I think)and seems to work ok, although I should probably have bought a new battery about a year ago :rolleyes: