I finally got round to taking these photos

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
bigkesh
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

I finally got round to taking these photos

Post by bigkesh »

Hope the phot works...if so then this is a picture of my Ace. I am afraid most of the mods are functional rather than for performance or cosmetics but it seems to go well and certainly feels OK.

It had a carbon can when I got it but I removed that cos the neighbours were waking up if I came home late!!. It also had mini carbon indicators and a black hugger which I left on. I have had the tinted double bubble screen fitted and the Baglux tank cover and Givi Monorack and box. I know they don't look great but they transform the bike into a really useful tool.

Previous owner had a go at polishing the frame and wheel but I am not happy with his efforts and will eventually get round to doing something about these. Next task is to polich up the end can and spay the lead pipe with some high temp paint to smarten it up a bit as I just had a secondhand one from e-bay fitted (the old front pipes were like a tea bag!!) Upside is the ex-up valve is fully working now so I can have a bit of fun.

1997 Thunderace, red/white, dark double bubble screen, hugger, Carbon race can, and some boring stuff like a baglux tank cover, Givi rack - used for work and play all year round. And no they don't fall apart if you use them in the rain!!!
Thunderacemalc
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Thunderacemalc »

nice one bigkesh...............another ace joins the ranks hahahaah..........if only it was black :lol: :lol:

i had a givi monarack just taken it off an gonna put it on e-bay, think it looks better but like you said it is a useful tool, so just gonna av to get used to not having it, makes the bikes rear end look well different (to my eyes anyways).........

:ninja:
Black Aces rule............
Neo
Gasbag
Gasbag

Post by Neo »

Nice Ace bigkesh, And as you say,a usefull tool.
I always fancied a zzr 1100 as a tourer, but looking at your bike I've changed my mind!! Love the yam engine too much anyways :nod:
NeoImage
Whatever
nismo

Post by nismo »

:coolexup:

Very nice bigkesh, only thing I don't quite understand, the carbon race can was upsetting the neighbours? Would have thought that'd be a bonus!!! :D :D :D
Defected for that V Twin goodness