Thourght I’d pop back in

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
EXUP FREAK
Founder Member
Founder Member

Thourght I’d pop back in

Post by EXUP FREAK »

Ime backkkkk
a mind of useless information espesially on sundays
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Re: Thourght I’d pop back in

Post by Nick »

Hi,

Nice to see someone posting. It's been a bit quiet on the Boards lately.

Anyway, Welcome Back. We've never spoken , but I see you are a founder member with nearly 19 years in. I joined in November 2022, principally for advice and parts as I was recommissioning my 89/90 Exup after 14 years of not turning a wheel. I can't be accurate about the year as it was a stolen/recovered vehicle with a 'Q' plate. Not anymore though as Chris (Creedxup) sold me a frame/V5 and she now proudly wears an 'H' plate. I should really post a photograph, but i'm not big on taking them.

Are you still biking, if so , on what?

I expect plenty of replies for a long serving member, so hopefully the boards will come back to life.
EXUP FREAK
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by EXUP FREAK »

Been away for awhile for one reason or another lol
Users to break em for parts know them inside and out don’t currently have one but will have shortly
On an rsv factory gen 2 at the min
EXUP FREAK
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by EXUP FREAK »

EXUP FREAK wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:37 pm Been away for awhile for one reason or another lol
Users to break em for parts know them inside and out don’t currently have one but will have shortly
Oh an my lambrettas 🤦‍♂️
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Hi Jon, good to see you around. Do you ever hear anything from Si (1040) or any of the other old crew from the forum early years?

See you’ve been busy painting Scooters. Making a nice job of them too :clap:

I’ve see quite a few smart Exup for sale recently on FB marketplace at low cost. If I hadn’t already got one ornament I’d have pulled the trigger and bought one

Nuggets been pestering me to drag mine out of storage….. and it may actually happen next year. I should hopefully get my garage back as my lad has almost finished his car rebuild, plus the Twincam is also done :drunk:

AKA Bald headed b'stard
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Been away for awhile for one reason or another lol
Oh an my lambrettas 🤦‍♂️

Aprilia.............Nice.
Do you have your eyes on an Exup at the moment or just keen to get one?
Never ridden a scooter, any good? Vintage or modern?
EXUP FREAK
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by EXUP FREAK »

Classic lambrettas tuned to death. 43 hp 2stroke lol
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Welcome back EXUP FREAK. It's nice to see the old buggers slowly crawling back on here. :lol:

Like Stig says I've been on at him to get his bike out of the corner for a few years now, without much luck I'm afraid. There's more chance of Roadrunner (Mike) getting his bike back on the road before Stig does. :lol: :p

Like Nick mentioned, it's been a bit quiet on here but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hey Stig. If your serious about getting your bike back on the road next year, you'll need some of this. Gets rid of dust like magic. :D

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Ha Ha! Nice one John.

Hope all's well with you and yours.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Nick wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:30 pm Ha Ha! Nice one John.

Hope all's well with you and yours.
Hello Nick.

All fine in this camp. up to now that is. :D I've got the old girl booked in for its MOT tomorrow. (The bike not the missus :D ) When I booked it in last Friday, there wasn't any mention of rain in the forecast for Tuesday. They now say we may have a drop in our area, so I might have to re-schedule it to Wednesday instead. I'll see what it's like when I throw the curtains back in the morning. I'll let it be known the outcome tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

Nick wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:29 pm Hi,

Nice to see someone posting. It's been a bit quiet on the Boards lately.

Anyway, Welcome Back. We've never spoken , but I see you are a founder member with nearly 19 years in. I joined in November 2022, principally for advice and parts as I was recommissioning my 89/90 Exup after 14 years of not turning a wheel. I can't be accurate about the year as it was a stolen/recovered vehicle with a 'Q' plate. Not anymore though as Chris (Creedxup) sold me a frame/V5 and she now proudly wears an 'H' plate. I should really post a photograph, but i'm not big on taking them.

Are you still biking, if so , on what?

I expect plenty of replies for a long serving member, so hopefully the boards will come back to life.
well im still here, regularing talking to the my dad nugget, i still have a 1989 exup which i dont get to ride much due to never ending of bloody jobs from the wife plus crappy english weather, also ride a 2005 v-rod which to be totally honest it rides better then the exup, no aching joints after hours riding
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Hello Nick.

All fine in this camp. up to now that is. :D I've got the old girl booked in for its MOT tomorrow. (The bike not the missus :D ) When I booked it in last Friday, there wasn't any mention of rain in the forecast for Tuesday. They now say we may have a drop in our area, so I might have to re-schedule it to Wednesday instead. I'll see what it's like when I throw the curtains back in the morning. I'll let it be known the outcome tomorrow.

Hey John,
I won't cross my fingers for the m.o.t as i'm pretty sure you won't need it. Might need to cross fingers for a dry day though.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

well im still here, regularing talking to the my dad nugget, i still have a 1989 exup which i dont get to ride much due to never ending of bloody jobs from the wife plus crappy english weather, also ride a 2005 v-rod which to be totally honest it rides better then the exup, no aching joints after hours riding.

Jeez, sounds just like me. Substitute V-Rod for Vmax, and Nuggit is not my Dad though I have just replied to his message. Not married either but a never ending list of jobs nontheless. Ain't life wonderful? It's good to know that here are other people having just as much fun as me. You lucky so and so.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

If your serious about getting your bike back on the road next year, you'll need some of this. Gets rid of dust like magic.
Hmm. Just noticed John's earlier reply regarding Mr Sheen. Apparently it gets rid of dust. My wood has definitely got dust, so I wonder if my bird would like to do some polishing with it. Cleans, shines and protects as well. Bye Bye contraception then. Probably smells nice as well, which would be a change for me.

Too much? Not that I care.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Just for the doubters….
See, I do still have my bike :shades: ,,,, no, not the pink pushbike. That’s the grand daughters :silenced:
There’s even the new back tyre there ready to be fitted ( hopefully it’s not perished ) :doh:
AKA Bald headed b'stard