NUGGIT having breakfast on the A59?

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

NUGGIT having breakfast on the A59?

Post by BONLY1 »

Was on my 'wing, heading out to Bolton Abbey, Pately Bridge and Muker this morning, Monday 8th August. No photo's I'm afraid, but reckon I saw NUGGIT on his Exup coming away from the 59 cafe and toward Skipton, about 11ish?
Was looking to make an overtake or two but saw an Exup opposing and rocketing toward me looking to do the same, so I stayed put as did the Exup. :nod:
A beautiful day gathering Landmarks for the Round Britain Rally, but can't show any otherwise I'd be banned by the RBR judges.
Hawes through Buttertubs was special, played with a few fellow riders, wished I was on my old Exup too, but the missus likes being chauffered on the 'wing.
Give me a wave or a nod next time John, nice to see you fleetingly :lol:
PS didn't stop at the 59 caff meself, we went to the River Strid T room beyond Bolton Abbey.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

You are correct Bonly. That was me and I'm very surprised I didn't give you a wave or a nod. I once stopped at the Route 59 cafe a few years ago and the food was not to my liking. I was on my way to Kirkby Lonsdale for my lunch break. From there I set off for Hawes, Leyburn and Bedale. The temperature in the West was a comfortable 20c but arriving in Bedale it was showing 25c. It was getting a bit warm under the collar so I decided to skirt by Thirsk and head for home.

I'm curious to know how you faired going up those tight hairpin bends near the Buttertubs pass on your big beast? :eek: :eek:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.