A ride to Yarm.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

A ride to Yarm.

Post by nuggitt »

I had a ride to a nice little place called Yarm yesterday. It's between Darlington and Middlesbrough. Before I went I Googled sandwich shops in Yarm and one called Crumbs came up. The reviews did it for me and my delicate palate. :lol:

Having got parked up in Yarm after getting through a lot of heavy traffic in the town centre. I located the sandwich shop. I said to the girls behind the counter that I've just ridden 200 miles (well 80 miles really) to have one of your world famous chicken sandwiches. Having chosen my bread type (granary) she started to fill it with chicken. I looked at her in amazement and then she said would I like any salad. I said there's no room for salad, so no leave the salad and she then continues stuffing even more chicken inside the bread. I got to a nice bench/seat and started unloading 2\3rds of it ,so I could get my mouth round it. (No comments please) It didn't leave me much room for my caramel slice I can tell you.

I got talking to a couple of locals on the chat bench/seat, who were telling me all about the floods that they've had in the past. The town is surrounded by the river Tees and is often flooded. I took a few interesting photos of the flood tide marks.

From Yarm I set off for Stokesley and headed for Helmsley on the B1257 TT road as it's known. On the way I called in at Clay Bank to look at the amazing view.

From Helmsley it was on to the Seaways cafe for my afternoon latte as I usual do. :lol: :lol: When I got to Seaways the sun actually came out, I'd not see it all day due to the grey/silver cloud cover. :mad:

A few photos for you...

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.