Every dog has his day

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Every dog has his day

Post by bunk »

Ive had my black 90 exup just over 3 years now and its been a exercise trying to find factory paint panels for it. Amazingly the upper cowl happened quick and got shipped from japan. Also got mint fairing infills at the same time.

But the side fairing's proved to be much tougher to find. Til last week!

I just payed 292usd for factory black panels off a lightly used bike(one tipover). The fzr script is missing off one of them though.

Sadly the bike is very packed away in a enclosed trailer as im about to move, but ive sourced every tough part i need to recommission the bike. I should be starting on it fall of '23.

Yes, i am very excited to get to that point of my life! Thats all :)
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

Lets just say i was a bit excited yesterday !

Soo glad the big parts have been sourced.
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Everything also apart from the plastics seem to be readily available, you were lucky to source some good ones.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

creedxup wrote:Everything also apart from the plastics seem to be readily available, you were lucky to source some good ones.
I was very lucky. If i couldn't find them by October i was going to do new panels and a full repaint pushing its completion out further.

fzr1k's are rarer then hens teeth here, and black ones are the rarest of the bunch.