Standard Dog Bones?

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Standard Dog Bones?

Post by Stevexup »

Looking for Standard Dog bones?

Hi

My 1990 exup leans over at a worrying angle when parked on it's side stand.

The rear tyre size is 180/60x17
The dog bones measure 155cm between centres, so i would like to fit a pair of standard dog bones or something longer.

I am 6' the ride height feels comfortable for me and rides nice.

Just looking to ease the lean angle when on it's side stand.

Thanks in advance.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

See Stig. He actually makes them, and out of stainless too. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

Also, your rear tyre is a strange size, the normal upgrade from the standard is to go for a 180/55/17, running the 60 profile will raise the bike off the ground more than normal.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Stevexup »

Thanks for your replies, l am assuming mine has the standard shock fitted? (red spring) Stig I will send you a PM soon.

Thanks again :thumbsup:
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Stevexup »

Thanks for the shock info, l'm happy to leave it as is, l'm no riding god... far from it!

The previous owner had done a few track days with it and was obviously quite handy looking at the tyres.

Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Stevexup »

Thank you Stig received dog bones yesterday :thumbsup:
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I fitted some 155 dogbones as an experiment as at the time the 165s meant I was using up too much ground clearance. I also tried some other lengths, but the size I settled on were the 160s, allowing me to adjust the fork heights to get the best 'feel'.

I tried an EMC Race shock but after adjusting the preload I just could not dial in the damping clickers, due mainly to there being no instructions on what the base settings were. In the end that shock blew its seals in a big way while having a 'spirited' ride towards home along the A272. I replaced that shock temporarily with the OEM shock that still worked until it got hot, when the damping would go off. In the end I bought an Ohlins shock which made a 100% difference when fitted together with straight rate Ohlins springs, having tried progressive springs previously. They went in the bin.

That back tyre looks like a scrub.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk