R1 Clutch

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
mobil1
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

R1 Clutch

Post by mobil1 »

Hi all

Anyone got a Barnett clutch on their bike? It's my R1 that's got the issue.

What it is, I've had the clutch apart as it keeps sticking, mainly through no use for a few months. I wish it was like the FZR...

The issue is, when you shift into 1st and hold the clutch in, blip the throttle its ok. But if you bring the revs up to 3k it suddenly grabs and moves forward.

Would this mean new clutch plates? And could I fit EBC instead of Barnett?

Any help would appreciated
Play Safe! Play Hard!!
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

I have what you call a fzs over there, a fz1 the naked R1. Its a 05, first gen and one of the few issues with it is a oil plug behind the clutch plates. If that oil plug comes out the clutch does wierd stuff, including lurching when revs are raised.

IDK what year your R1 is but maybee thats the issue?
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

I asked on a popular fz1 site over here what people have done for a forever fix. A few posts down is the answer afaic.

CLICK HERE
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
mobil1

Post by mobil1 »

Thanks for that Bunk.Ill have check when I'm done the lockup next. It's a 2000 year R1
Play Safe! Play Hard!!