Saying Hi

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Saying Hi

Post by Stevexup »

Have recently moved to Hastings and bought myself a 1990 exup.

Needs a bit of tlc especially on the cosmetic side, seems to ride nice has a couple of little upgrades ie front brakes.

It's something to tinker with i guess, in reality i should of been more patient and held out for a nice rwb model as intended, but hey ho.

Btw i'm after a set of mirrors if anyone can help?

Cheers for now.
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

Ebay does have good pattern mirrors for sale.

If its a black 90 and you want to sell some panels give me a shout !
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Stevexup »

Thanks for your welcome, and mirror suggestions, some listings differ between UK and EU models, l assumed they would of been the same??

I have included photo for your amusement.

The nose cone is an aftermarket replacement as too is the seat hump with duck tape applied in favour of spraying.

As my bike is an import I'm now left thinking is the nose cone UK or EU?? making buying mirrors a bit of a lottery??

Sorry bunk Hastings UK!

bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

wow that livery is far from what we got here. I'll try and find factory black panels for the next year, then i'll give up !

I have quite a bit of hard parts from 89-90's should you ever need something and cant find it there.
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Welcome to Hastings. I also own an early Exup-R which is often to be seen at the 1066 cafe on the A21

Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Stevexup
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Stevexup »

I went ahead and bought some pattern mirrors off ebay (domed shape).

Took a ride out to the same cafe today! i don't normally take to the roads this time of the year, but was keen to try out my new purchase, l found the mirrors a bit on the narrow side, maybe the retangular style would of been better.

Will look out for you next time, nice looking bike btw your chassis is notably different to mine, as to is the rear light.

l knew l should've of held out for a rwb one :(

I must say it's nice to be back on an exup :thumbsup: