Seat cowl clips

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Seat cowl clips

Post by NickZT »

Is there a knack to fitting the seat cowl clips? They seem to sit a little proud. Only way I can secure my seat is by removing one of the clips. Not ideal, but the cowl finish off the bike nicely

Imagequick image upload

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

The photo angle is a bit different to yours but mine fitted on squarely. :nod:

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Out with a big hammer and the dremel. Genuine clips are no longer available anywhere.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Here's some better photos of the angle of the clips. Mine look identical to creedxup's. Ignore the white insulation tape, that's there just to protect the new paint work. :D

Did you get them from stig?

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

NickZT wrote:Out with a big hammer and the dremel. Genuine clips are no longer available anywhere.
Yes I think you need to change the angle a bit and then maybe elongate the holes 👍
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Thanks for the replies and pictures guys. Hopefully I will be able to do something with them.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

This is bizarre as all the clips are the same part number. I can swap the clips for you for some with a different angle
AKA Bald headed b'stard
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

Stig wrote:This is bizarre as all the clips are the same part number. I can swap the clips for you for some with a different angle
Thanks for the offer. I think I should be able to manipulate the shape to get them to fit better. I know the manufacture and quality control is out of your control. It is admirable that you get these made for club members.