THUNDERACE FRONT END

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

THUNDERACE FRONT END

Post by YZF1000R-SPRINT »

Ok I think I may change the front end of my Thunderace project, I'm just weighing up options now, I like the std front end but on my previous Ace I fitted a YZF750 front end and it looked good.

As YZF750 front ends are now like rocking horse manure, what other front end could I fit that requires, well no work to fit with the exception of new bearings like the 750 did, literally a straight swap.

I dont know if I can be bothered to start fabricating new stuff just to get a set up Uppies to fit my Ace

Ohlins are way out of reach for me :-( would be cool though!

Any ideas?

Jason
NickZT
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by NickZT »

All the fzr1000 model front ends are interchangeable between the R, RU and later foxeye model's. Maybe these would fit an ace. I know the later 94/95 fzr1000 had a thicker 43mm fork and the same front wheel as the ace with the thicker 22mm axle, up from the earlier 17mm. Shouldn't be an issue finding an fzr1000 front end
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Yamaha FZR1000 group
CLICK HERE
AKA Bald headed b'stard
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

Cheers guys, I'm a couple of months from buying a front end (thats if I decide to go down that route) but I'm always confused why people sell just the bottom yolk and not the both top and bottom together, am I missing something?
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

Sent a message to him :)
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Good luck. 🤞 I hope all goes well? 👍
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.