Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
stevebozzy
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by stevebozzy »

Hello,
Thanks for letting me join. I recently bought a 1990 Exup 1000. Its standard except for a pattern top fairing. Its a barn find, I know this is an over used term but in this case it really did come from my friends barn. It had been in the barn for 15 years untouched. All of the consumables are worn out and all of the fasteners are seized. I have changed the oil ,filter and plugs . Put some new fuel in it, I connected it to a jumper and it started ! It still needs chain and sprockets, battery, discs ,pads, fork seals , exup valve un-sticking and radiator flushing out. All the electrics work.
It will be a long term project, my intention is to get it road legal and use it to run around on whilst ironing out any problems as they arise. I shall be using pattern and S/H parts at first to get it on the road. Its never going to be concourse or going on a track .I know from previous experience bike projects can become a money pit. My next job is to replace the rear shocker , I would prefer a S/H one off another compatable bike. Please could anyone tell me which shockers fit, I dont mind if it needs a bit of modification. Thank Steve
1990 Exup 1000
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Welcome Steve
We all love a project here and there are some really knowledgeable blokes around.
There is a trade-off of course. You get advice and you post pix. :nod:
Keep on keepin' on.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Think you just had a bloody good welcome there Steve.

Nuggitt (John) and Stig (Paul) not only have elephantine memories for info, but also lots of time to do your research. Just wait until you get on to toobs.
And if there's a particularly knotty question Creed might just pop up.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

PM sent Steve. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.