New Carbs - Hills Salvage & Recycling (WN89SU)[url=https

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

So that's what he wanted the stickers for..... shoulda known
AKA Bald headed b'stard
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

You did well with that deal from Hills, I live about 3 miles away and they'd have charged me more!
If the diaphragms are intact, you've got a bargain for sure. :nod:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Carbs cleaned (basic) - Basically perfect

Post by kboehringer »

BONLY1 wrote:You did well with that deal from Hills, I live about 3 miles away and they'd have charged me more!
If the diaphragms are intact, you've got a bargain for sure. :nod:
All the diaphragms are perfect! :) :) :)

I broke the entire set apart and cleaned them all bare in "Berryman's Carb Dip". Although not ready for install, they cleaned up very well. They will need replacement o-rings, in particular those at the bottom of the slides and the floats are in poor condition.

The only faulty part was the plastic top cap on #1 which I believe was damaged in shipment as it looked fine in the photos from Hill's. I repaired it with epoxy but would use one of the caps from my active set should these be pressed into service at some point.

I will purchase a full gasket set from the recommended supplier and further prepare these to be ready for service.

I can't understand why Hill's would provide such a deal on these to a Darn Yankee..... But I'm not complaining!

Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis