Not really bike stuff but...............

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Not really bike stuff but...............

Post by Teego »

I thought you lot might be interested.

I just had to scratch my itch so took my stock 06 CLS55 AMG to Mallory Performance (previously known as SpeedMinistry) for a remap this morning. I'd be interested in your opinions.

Stock BHP (corrected to DIN 70020) 447.7 Mapped BHP (ditto) 493.7

Stock Torque 530.2 lb/ft (718.6Nm) Mapped Torque 568.4 lb/ft (770.1Nm)

Max Speed Stock limited 155mph/250kph Max Speed on dyno derestricted 182.6mph / 294kph in 4th.

BTW when I say stock it's not manufacturer's numbers but first run dyno figures.

Phil mapped the car via the OBD port without physically touching the ECU. He wouldn't put it in 5th gear as he didn't want to run over 200mph. Tyres rated at 186mph.

The important thing is how the car feels after the remap. Struth, it's strong. So drivable. Instant throttle response from nowhere even with the box in Comfort. In Sport it's sensational. 80mph cruising is so relaxed. It'll happily drive at 1000rpm in 5th. Only driven 50 miles since so I'll have to adjust to it.

Looking forward to the German road trip in 4 weeks.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Remind me not to go anywhere neat the cat n fiddle because I don't want you up my arse with that friggin monster. There some impressive figures there Chris.

568lb/ft of torque, Jesus that's got some poke.

What's it like when you do a Tesco run? :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.