genesis swingarm bearing removal

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
bodgerpete
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

genesis swingarm bearing removal

Post by bodgerpete »

any suggestions on getting these blighters out? i used a long drift but only succeeded in punching out the roller cage. i'm used to working with tractors with big solid bearings or bronze bushes!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Try applying some heat to the swingarm where the bearings are and that should help them out easier.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
bodgerpete
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by bodgerpete »

ive just been on youtube and delboy's garage has a little vid on blind bearing pullers. i'll call up my local garage to see if there's one i can borrow. i'll try some heat first though. thanks
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

When you come to put the new ones back in put the new bearings in the freezer overnight and warm the swingarm up a little and they'll slide in no bother. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Heat will def sort them out. Gentle warming up will create enough clearance to drift them easily 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
bodgerpete
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by bodgerpete »

i'll give that a go tonight.