What revs should the exup be fully open at

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

What revs should the exup be fully open at

Post by jas328sport »

Just been out for a blast and noticed that the bike doesn't really start to pull hard until really high revs. I have read about setting the valve and the slack in the cables etc but was wondering if it could be set properly with the bike on a paddock stand and then getting someone to increase revs whilst I watch what the valve is up to.
What revs does the valve start to open and and what revs should it be fully open by.
dangerousdave
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dangerousdave »

Make sure the valve isn't stuck wide open which if it is this won't give you any back pressure and will be sluggish until you hit high revs, uncouple the cables and see if you can move the valve freely by hand, if that's ok set the pulley with adjusting the cables so that you can see the hole between the two prongs, if you take the cover off the pulley and turn your ignition on and off you should see and here the motor calibrating itself, sounds like its stuck open to me, I'm not one for revving the knackers off anything that's stationery so try above first👍👍👍
The Dangerous One
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by jas328sport »

It's OK the valve is fully functional, I was not convinced it was opening fully as it didn't feel as quick as I remember. What I have found though is that the more miles I put on it, the quicker it is getting so I think everything stems from gummed up carbs as at the end of the day the bike has probably done less than a hundred miles in the last 7 years.
Unfortunately whilst the engine is starting to respond well to being used, the same can't be said of the forks which have now blown a bloody seal.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Provided your valve moves freely, the prong centres on the hole and the cables are at the right tension, you shouldn't have to worry about anything else. The ECU and servo will tell the valve what to do and when to do it.
Keep on keepin' on.
yo4hgx
Technician
Technician

Post by yo4hgx »