a ride out yesterday.

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

Feel gutted for you, John. Pot holes and all.
I've spent the last few days in the south of France, Jura mountains and Black Forest. In my CLS55 AMG not on bike. But Mein Gott, the tracks - sorry, roads. Route Napoleon, B500 SchwarzwalderHochStrasse, etc etc. They seem to go on forever. Great very fast open sweepers with amazing sightlines and straightlining. Then 2nd gear 180' hairpins ESP lights flashing on the exit. Zig Zag up and down mountains. Great road surfaces. Horrendous fuel consumption and tyre wear.
Sunday roads in the Black Forest were full of Swiss bikers. One told me that they come and play in Germany as they are just jailbait in Switzerland. Interesting observation: very few fully faired supersports out there. Mainly new(ish) supernakeds like Tuonos and MT10s. Bloody fast guys though.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Sounds like heaven. I wish we had decent roads out here. It makes you wonder if some of our EU money goes on keeping their roads in tip top condition. I'd better stop now and get off my soap box. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Teego

Post by Teego »

Some autobahn miles today. Although derestricted, it's hard to get over 130mph because of traffic and often you have to haul it down to 60. Over the next couple of days I really want to find out if the AMG has Merc's 155mph limiter or not.
Keep on keepin' on.