Hard to find neutral

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Should know better
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Hard to find neutral

Post by Should know better »

Morning all, now I've been out and clocked a few miles up it has become apparant that finding neutral is a bit hit and miss. I have read the previous posts about the chain being to tight. It is presently adjusted as per the manual 15-20mm slack now what I am asking is that does any one have a ball park figure as to what the slack should be or is it just a case of slackening it and trying it until I get it right?
Cheers,Sean.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Make sure you don't have a tight spot in the chain & you could try bleeding the system to see if that helps. It's funny you mentioning about the chain being to tight. I sometimes have difficulties with finding neutral when my chain is to slack. :retard:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Make sure the gear lever is set correctly. The gap should correspond to the mark in the end of the shaft. The rest is adjusted from that point 👍
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Should know better
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Should know better »

Cheers chaps, bit of fine tuning on the chain seems to have sorted it ( whilst on the paddock stand at any rate).
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

How is your clutch fluid?
The first I knew of the fluid needing changed was struggling to get it into neutral as the biting point had moved.
If its never been changed maybe changing is a good idea and at least rules it out.