Meta 357t v2 alarm removal

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Wireman
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Meta 357t v2 alarm removal

Post by Wireman »

Hi all! my first post, i like many others,find myself with a dead battery in the 14 year old meta alarm unit of my thunderace and after reading many posts on multiple websites i found the pin out solution,not without making a few mistakes along the way hence my problem i can start my thunderace but i dont have the usual taco needle diagnostic and my exup valve dont seem to be working,i have checked all my fuses they are ok,have i blow the cdi unit ? Or worse still have a damage exup valve motor and possibly TPS sensor,has anyone had this scenario before, i will be testing exup valve an tps in coming days, any help or advice would be great before i start stripping bike to test parts.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I believed the tach diagnostic only happened if there was a fault. I don't have an ace for reference
If the valve is seized it's possible the teeth in the servo may have shredded. This will still read as the servo rotating so wouldn't show as a fault code

If the alarm needs removing it's fairly easy but requires some of the loom stripping back from the black alarm wires. Once you get back to coloured wires you'll find most are only attached to the. Lack ones. There's only a couple that are split in the starter circuit. Once the. Lacks are removed you simply rejoin the corresponding colours
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Wireman
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Wireman »

Thanks stig,you could be on to something,I am planning to check out exup next week,working this weekend.