Screen / Mirror

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

There's no rubber seal between the screen and the fairing. As you can see I've used those rubber nuts to hold mine on. There is a rubber seal on the mirror as shown in photo. If you need anymore photos just ask.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
matzxr
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by matzxr »

Cheers dude, so you do clamp the screen in with the mirror bolts ?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Yes. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Shouldnt there be cut outs in the screen around the mirror area? I know that they are dome type nuts for the mirror mountings so you can't over tighten them.... creed supplied me a replacement as one of mine was missing
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

You're right Stig. There are cut outs in the screen. It's been a while since I'v had mine off that I'd forgotten about them.

These are the dome nuts Stigs referring to.

Have a look at the diagram.

SCREEN CUT OUTS