Ride out to Thirsk

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Ride out to Thirsk

Post by nuggitt »

Having watched last nights local weather man. Who said it would be a bit cloudy in the morning but the sun will burn out after midday. Mike (roadrunner) and myself after hearing this took ourselves off for a ride to Thirsk, Ripon, and back to the Seaways cafe at Fridaythorpe. We left my house about 11.30 with overcast grey skies. All the way to Thirsk we could see brightness on the horizon but it seemed we never caught it up. As we got to Thirsk the sun did start to get through. When we went to our bikes we met a couple in the bike park bay and what looked like half a converted wheelie bin on the back of their bike. It all came clear when their dog jumped up on the bike seat and straight into the bin/box. The wife of the couple said he loved riding with them. See photo.

Moving on to Ripon with a smile on my face after seeing Buddy in the box :lol: :lol: The sun came out at long last and it felt really nice. After a pit stop in Ripon we set off for Seaways and as soon as we got back to the East Riding Yorkshire we went back into the grey cloud again.

Leaving Seaway's we swapped bikes and I had a go on Mikes BMWS1000RR. I've only ever had a go on one modern bike which was Mikes FZ1 a couple of years back and that was a bit quick I must say, but the BMW was a complete hooligan, it certainly is very quick. What I couldn't get my head round was the seating position. I felt as though I was high up on the seat and leaning forward. Its a lot different than exup seating position where you are sat in it and not on it. You realise how much of a big lump an exup is compared to the newer models. I still love my Exup though. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.