Hello from newbie

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
cooler
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Hello from newbie

Post by cooler »

Hi,

I'm a newbie here in the UK. Currently keeping two EXUPs on the road, a 2000 Thunderace and a 1999 R1. Both nice bikes and I'm riding most days, mostly on the Ace, to preserve the mileage on the R1. I'm in that trap of not wanting to take the miles over 30,0000. Why?

[/img]Image

c.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:welcome: to the madhouse. Nice rides you've got there
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nismo
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by nismo »

Matching colour schemes too!
Defected for that V Twin goodness
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Welcome to the fold. Nice pair of bikes you have there cooler. They Remind me of a before and after on being on a diet. :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
cooler
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by cooler »

nuggitt wrote:Welcome to the fold. Nice pair of bikes you have there cooler. They Remind me of a before and after on being on a diet. :lol: :lol:
nuggit,

Its like that. I wanted to feel the difference between the old school and the new. Having had lots of other bikes over the years, this seemed a nice place to settle and a good price point too. :)

Thing is, I do like riding the Ace. Obviously getting on the R1 is a wake up call, but the Ace rides very well, if you don't get lazy and short shift. My guess is the motor is very little different from the earlier EXUP.

c.
mobil1
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by mobil1 »

Welcome in cooler. I've done simular thing only I now have an FZR-RU and an mt-09. Old n new. Mt-09 is mad FZR is fierce old girl.
Play Safe! Play Hard!!
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

Wotcha and welcome!!