Gavs Test Pads

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
bazza
Founder Member
Founder Member

Gavs Test Pads

Post by bazza »

As promised i'd give a quick review on the test pads Gav so kindly sent out.

Done over 400 miles at the weekend, after the initial loosening up about 15 or so miles i started to use the brakes harder and harder breaking later into corners. I found a couple of times the power was that good that the bike would sometimes stand up to my dismay :eek: My front tyre is well chewed up due to the late breaking into the bends :D :nod: Only on a couple of occasions did i experience a little bit of brake fade but nothing so serious that i was gonna run out of road :eek: They gave a lovely whirring noise coupled with my brembo disks :D so sweet. Some excellent pads only marred by my Exup master cylinder, i should really put an R1 cylinder on :(
Oh ya baby das ist fantastiche
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

Nothing bad to say about Gavs pads either .
I reckon them and the blue spots saved me on Saturday from certain gravel rash while on the way to Falkirk.
Was going way too quick towards the exit from the motorway, not realising the bend is an almost 90 degree curve ,until I almost ran up the arse of my mate on his zx6r.
Hammered on the brakes and was ready for that kind of feeling you get when you know your running out of road so just straighten it up and go straight onto the grass.
No grass at the side of the road , just a crash barrier.
But the combined greatness of calipers and pads had me slowed to a reasonable gallop and let me sail around the bend looking like a hero.... with my throat ry and my pants full :D
macca
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by macca »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Magic moments........
Improvise,Adapt,Overcome
Easy
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by Easy »

I'll vouch for Gavs pads. Nice progressive feel with plenty of feedback loads of stopping power for those "sorry didn't see you mate" moments. Done about 800 miles on them and very happy. Cheers Gav :thumbsup:
Lifes a blurr on an 'Ace
Gav
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Gav »

have tweaked the further for more bite too, just about to try them on my bike and then will be pushing them forwards for a production run....should be good with the bite of sintered but none of the glazing after a few hundred miles.
Cheers chaps!
Give it some beans!!!!