2 Stroke Beast

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

2 Stroke Beast

Post by Fatdog »

A true man's bike!!! Big Enduro
I always wanted the IT250 after selling my RD125LC but some how ended up with a 350 YPVS instead!
490cc air-cooled 2-stroke with basic drum brakes back and front - wow they don't make em like that anymore.
I don't think he is bothered about a quick sale at that asking price :eek:
i think would get close to that for a UK spec bike but not a Yankee model.
But then someone out there may have a spare bit of change to buy it with - sadly it won't be me! :crybaby:
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice. And it's probably worth the money given their rarity and that particular bikes condition

I always fancied the KDX420? But I'd need Harris step ladders
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Roadrunner could buy that with what he's got in his wallet now. :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Stig wrote:Nice. And it's probably worth the money given their rarity and that particular bikes condition

I always fancied the KDX420? But I'd need Harris step ladders
The UK spec ones are rare but a lot have been imported from the states, so there are a fair few about.
The UK ones are better if you're looking to use it on the road as they were kitted with a speedo, brake light etc as standard, whereas the USA ones are more or less a moto crosser with lights.
Still looks a good bike 34 years on.
Didn't you have a crosser tucked away in your garage Stig?
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

The KX125 and the Husky 360 were both sold over a year back. There's only the EXUP and RG now as far as 2 wheels are concerned

If I can finish the Twincam before summer I'll then finish off the RG, then that too will go

If I come across a KE125 or early CB250K for cheap money I may buy them as projects to do later date
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by Jay762 »

very nice - but must confess I would like a KE125 at some point, passed my test on a KH125 I borrowed for the day but prefer the enduro look. That was a good day - 17yrs old, TS50ER in the morning, KH125 for an hour so lunchtime DR600 in the afternoon :unibrow:
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Jay762 wrote:very nice - but must confess I would like a KE125 at some point, passed my test on a KH125 I borrowed for the day but prefer the enduro look. That was a good day - 17yrs old, TS50ER in the morning, KH125 for an hour so lunchtime DR600 in the afternoon :unibrow:
Ah the good old days that when you passed your test, you were able to jump on anything you liked.
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

The good old days...

250 stroker on "L" plates and no training in the morning followed by... :retard: :( :crybaby:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!