Ride out today

Arrange to meet up to chew the fat, or enjoy a bimble through the twisties.
nuggitt

Ride out today

Post by nuggitt »

I managed to sneak out for a short ride to Scarborough this afternoon. It was very warm in the sun but there was also a strong wind blowing which seemed to cool things down a bit. First port of call was up to Oliver's Mount to get a quick lap in before dinner. :lol: :lol: I stopped at the war memorial to take some photos of Scarborough and noticed all the sea fret hanging over Scarborough Castle.

I left Oliver's Mount to go onto the seafront for something to eat. At the cafe I frequent I got talking to a couple who had come down from Whitby and I told him about the sea fret. He asked if I was going further up the coast to Whitby? I was thinking about it but he told me not to bother because that sea fret goes all the way up the coast to Whitby. What I couldn't get over was the strength of the wind. It was blowing my chips out of the tray I was holding. Even the cafe chairs were blowing down the footpath.

I left Scarborough to call in at Seaway's and when I got there it was 10 degrees warmer and strangely there was no wind to be felt. Very odd that.

Some more photos for you....

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.