Fuse blowing

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
Mr_Incredible
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Fuse blowing

Post by Mr_Incredible »

Hi all, thanks for all the help so far but need more lol. I've got my bike road legal now 😀 Took it for its maiden ride out yesterday and got about 200yrds before coming back 😔 The fuse that runs the neutral light, Rev counter, temp gauge and I think indicators had blown. When the bike went in to have the dyno jet kit fitted and be setup they said it happened to them, they replaced the fuse and it seemed to be ok. Now I'm no mechanic/electrician and I've looked at the wiring diagram and came away confused as hell. So wondered if anyone has had this happen to them. Or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

There's a common fault of breaks in the wiring around the head stock area

If the wiring has rubbed through causing a live to contact earth it'll blow fuses
AKA Bald headed b'stard
lokisurfer
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by lokisurfer »

Same thing happened to me on Friday on the way to work. Bike just cut out and all the dash lights went out, indicators failed. I had to switch to reserve as well as no fuel was getting through. Blown fuse.
smells like teen spirit.......
lokisurfer
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by lokisurfer »

Forgot to say that the wires off the horn had come off and, I'm guessing, shorted the fuse?
smells like teen spirit.......
Mr_Incredible
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Mr_Incredible »

Just found out that the flasher relay is wrong, would that cause it? It's an after market one tube shaped, silver, with 2 connectors.
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it