New Top Gear

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

New Top Gear

Post by Teego »

So what do you lot think?
I'll kick it off.
It's the same old same old without the punch.
Sort of stuff the Yanks would like.
Same as their beer.
Top Gear Lite.
Bit like Fifth Gear now.
Keep on keepin' on.
lokisurfer
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by lokisurfer »

I watched the first episode 'just to see' and gave up after about 6 minutes. Shite.
smells like teen spirit.......
thunder_taz
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by thunder_taz »

I gave the first two episodes a chance but no more. It just isnt the same without the three amigos, the bamter and the overall silliness. The American guys voice gets on my nerves as alot of the time he sound bored and not really into it.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I watched the first episode just to see if the format had changed but no it's still the same old shit. I'm not a big fan of Chris Evans and as for Matt LeBlanc it's more like Matt Le boring Plank. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Used to enjoy top gear for the banter, and the stupidity of it..like trying to turn a robin reliant into a space shuttle... Was enjoyable tv...

Completely refuse to watch new series... Not interested, and whose idea was it to bring in a flappy mouth yank?? I mean, chris evans was bad enough, but a bloody yank aswell.. :finger: to the bbc
Billy Balthorpe
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Billy Balthorpe »

The original JC/RH/JM Top Gear was mostly scripted, but the chemistry between the presenters and the piss take ad libs made it so you didn't really notice. It was like 3 mates messing about with cars. The conversations weren't forced and it all seemed more natural.
The new version appears heavily scripted, and because there is absolutely no chemistry or real interaction between the presenters, it just looks like they are reading all their lines from an autocue (which they are). The best presenters on there now are the two unknowns Rory Reid and Chris Harris, I reckon these two will end up as the main presenters, but until then, I really cant be arsed to watch, it just makes me cringe in the same way that The Office used to, and I never watched that either.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I tried to watch the 2nd episode, as I didn't want to go anywhere near the 1st one. I switched to watch about half way through the 2nd, but as soon as that gobshyte ginger twat started to shout I switched over. I can't stand the ginger twat on Radio 2 in the mornings, so I wasn't bothered about any other episodes.

The new series held so much promise, if only the script writers had stood by their promise of a new direction, but it was the same old/same old.

The thing is.....if JC had been run over by a bus or gone over the edge on the south american road trip then the other 2 would've carried on. The show became centralised around JC. But JC was not the show.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk