poor running at high speed

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
rocket robbo
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

poor running at high speed

Post by rocket robbo »

Changed carbs on my exup r back to standard with airbox.bikes quick as up to 100 mph but then it dont want to know...put back on the stage 3 carbs with pod filter it goes mental crazy 160 plus (clocked).so i know its the carbs im using so im assuming its jets or emulsion tubes or mebbe summat else im missing .any pointers guys?....exup valve is operating as it should
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
1989 fzr1000 exup single sided fighter
andy88
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by andy88 »

Like you say,,check your float height, needles and tubes,, clean,check jets etc, air mixture screws and sync the carbs...also check needle diaphragms for splits etc..

I may have missed something off...

Hope that helps.
rocket robbo

Post by rocket robbo »

Carbs stripped back and i noticed on two of the four tube holders were missing the o ring seal.not sealing then ...replaced the said o rings.everything else looks ok so im gonna assume that this was my problem....then again assumption is the mother of all cock ups int it ?.didnt have time to test but will post results when i do
current rides
1989 fzr1000 exup
1989 fzr1000 exup single sided fighter