motobatt [ crap ]

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
compo fzr ru
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

motobatt [ crap ]

Post by compo fzr ru »

hi any one on here had prob's with motobatt's put a new one on the r6 its 12mths old at most!! stored for winter and the alarm has killed it ive tried all chargers and optimate and it wont come back to life.

and while were at it the fzr has suffered on north yorks roads last year the stone chips are totting up now do yam do a fender extender I know it will look shit but must do summit.

mucho grasis
08 R6 FZR 1000 RU 92 Z1R 78 79 z1000s german KTM 250 06 Z810 WISSCO PROJECT & MY DOG ZAK.

RIDE LIKE YOU NICKED IT.
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Gord »

Can't you put some of that thick clear plastic protector stuff onto your fairing?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

It's the optimates that kill the batteries

I used to use mine over winter. Same as you, the alarm drains the battery but coz the charger keeps topping it up it kills the battery

I now leave the battery connected, the alarm goes into hibernation mode. I simply give the battery a charge every month or so. I've now had this battery for 4 years whereas they were dead every 12 months

Love the colour scheme of your FZR :thumbsup:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm with you with the stone chips compo. My v piece and the edges of my side panels are suffering a bit. Like Gord mentioned, you could go down the sticky vynal stuff route. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Lowiefzr
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Lowiefzr »

you can use clear vinyl sticky and teflon spray over that for stone chip protection we use it at work for the F1 stuff in production, ermmm no boss i didnt try it out :unibrow:
current fzr1000 , fzr 250 rr
compo fzr ru
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

motobatt's

Post by compo fzr ru »

thanks for the head's up guy's motobatt binned new one on way ??

all of the other stuff noted has been found on flea bay and if your wondering the exup valve cover too :)

thanks'
08 R6 FZR 1000 RU 92 Z1R 78 79 z1000s german KTM 250 06 Z810 WISSCO PROJECT & MY DOG ZAK.

RIDE LIKE YOU NICKED IT.
nuggitt

Re: motobatt's

Post by nuggitt »

compo fzr ru wrote: if your wondering the exup valve cover too :)

thanks'
If you bought it I'll remove it from my watch list. :D
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Eyore
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Eyore »

Stig wrote:It's the optimates that kill the batteries

I used to use mine over winter. Same as you, the alarm drains the battery but coz the charger keeps topping it up it kills the battery

I now leave the battery connected, the alarm goes into hibernation mode. I simply give the battery a charge every month or so. I've now had this battery for 4 years whereas they were dead every 12 months
Agree, I never leave the Optimate on. I just give each of my three bikes an overnight charge every few weeks throughout the winter and never a bother with batteries lasting years.