Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
vigevar
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by vigevar »

Afternoon All

Just saying hello. Currently putting a poorly executed streetfighter 1989 Exup back to original. Enjoy doing it, but all those little bits and pieces cost a bleedin fortune. Got a few questions for a later date, mainly regarding cable routing if you guys can help.

Are all your bike's immaculate ? I thought mine was starting to look pretty good but looks like a pile of s***e compared to yours. :(
If it ain't broke, it's only a matter of time
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Hello and welcome to the site.

Trying to put the bike back to standard from a streetfighter is a big task but do able. Like you say it can put up the cost quite a bit finding the bits you need. You can drop lucky sometimes picking side panels etc. Top half fairings are another thing, especially the red/white and blue models. As rare as a virgin on a unicorn. Keep looking on the German Ebay site because things like that do pop up now and again. Don't worry about how your bike looks. Those that are in mint condition have had a lot of time and elbow grease on them. :nod:

Stick some photos up when you can. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

welcome sir!

As Nuggitt says bits are avqilable if you're prepared to search and bide your time. If theres bits and brackets required put a list up as many members have stuff kicking around...myself included

Wiring routing etc can be found in the tech section on the main site (menu on LHS then click model image)

Any questions just ask.... most of us dont bite :D
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

AKA Bald headed b'stard
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

who's is that one that's for sale then?
vigevar
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by vigevar »

Cheers fella's. Got all the plastics, unfortunately a mix of black and white so will need some painting. Any idea where I can get a seat lock and key as the bike came with a single seat fitted and i don't want to replace the ignition/petrol cap ? Ill get some pics on shortly.
If it ain't broke, it's only a matter of time
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

i decided mine needed shortening so i ploughed it into a tree last year...so they are not ALL perfect :D
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I sent the seller a message last week asking if the panels had been done in white gloss or Yamaha pearlescent white. I've just had a reply from him saying yes they have been painted in gloss white. :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Yes John, I thought the colour looked wrong.
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?