carb sync on exup r

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
rocket robbo
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

carb sync on exup r

Post by rocket robbo »

where do you put the vacuum gauge tubes to the carbs...scatchin ma head here lol???
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

It's not a very good picture but you'll find them under here. They are a bit awkward to see and also to get at.

Having looked at the photo again. It looks like number 1 carb.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rocket robbo

Post by rocket robbo »

cheers nuggit...having now located the buggers ive found that my threaded tube inserts are too small ffs :lol: :lol:
rocket robbo

Post by rocket robbo »

i trying to locate an annoying knocking from the top end at low revs,recently i was running stage 3 with twin pod filters with standard headers.no knocking blah blah,ive just put on standard carbs and airbox with a set of sandys headers the ones with no exup valve,now knocking sound from top end .ive checked the headers for leaks etc etc so im a bit flumoxed ,so figured on balancing carbs next/any ideas anyone ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

top end knocking is usually down to poor sealing of the exhaust gaskets, did you use copper, or fibre, correctly torqued etc...?

carb balance will only cure a lumpy idle, if your idle is sufficiently out that it is very lumpy that could cause starvation in a cylinder and cause it to intermittently fire...could lead to knocking, but unlikely.

did you reuse the gaskets or use new?

as for balancing, i fitted these (http://www.carbtune.co.uk/carbaccs.html) along with some blanked off rubber tubing covers, makes it a breeze to balance now.
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles