Blinking eck!

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

Blinking eck!

Post by nuggitt »

I've just been out walking the dog and bumped in to a friend of mine who has an R1. I mentioned to him that I could be going out for a short ride at the weekend. He told me he'd like to go but he's recently taken his R1 for its MOT and it failed. What did it fail on I asked? I can't believe what he told me. He said it failed, because I have fitted after market indicators and it should have the original ones fitted. He's now in the process of changing them over. The worlds gone mad! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know if this ruling applies to all MOT stations or if it's just this one that's being an arsehole. :retard:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by undeadhairy »

just this one being a arsehole, iv got aftermarket ones on my rear and its passed everytime no problem, id tell him to take it elsewhere and report the git
Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

Can you say which one it is John so that we can avoid using him.
Just hope it's not the one I use!
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

The next time I see him I'll ask. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

I'd report him. You can take it to an independent place for a second opinion. If he's in the wrong it won't look too good on his record.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

is it possible that he failed it for the incorrect flash speed and not the fact they werent OEM indicators?
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Right Lads I've got the full gist of it now, so we can all put our angry mob tools away. :lol:

When he bought the bike. The previous owner had fitted an after market rear light on it. Now this rear light is a triangular shape and what happens is when he puts the left hand indicator on the strip of bulbs on the left hand side of the rear light flash orange. The same also happens with the right hand side. Now I fully understand why the MOT man failed it because the signal isn't very clear at all. When he told me yesterday I thought the indicators were on stalks but they are in the rear light assembly. :nod:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

we all had him swinging from the gallows before the trial. Hope they never pick one of us lot for jury service :lol: :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I must admit I'd been out this morning to buy some rotten tomatoes ready for him on the ducking stool. :lol: :lol: :lol:
markg
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by markg »

Got a similar style of rear light on my Z1000 and always disconnect the integrated lights and reconnect the indicators prior to MOT time as the MOT tester advised me a few years ago that they were a fail.
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Stick to the originals. No probs then. :D I think they look great without changing bits and pieces. I'd throw tour toms at the chap with the R1 monsieur Nuggit. :paranoid: