New Guy!!

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

Hi Foxeye,
Welcome mate and cool handle on here!
Careful if the blue/white foxeye is on an 'L' plate.
My blue / white model was an 'N' plate, as in the '95 model that it was.
Unfortunately sold that :crybaby: regrettably, and now have a '94 model in orange and black on an 'M' plate.
Think I saw the 'L' plater on ebay on Angelsey?
Can't recall why I didn't bid myself, it looked good, but something was amiss, so while there aren't a lot of Foxeye models out there, go careful as you've stated you'll be.
Have seen an early RU on Ebay for around 1.5k from a dealer with low mileage and which has Foxeye headlights - NOT a Foxeye at all, so leave alone, unless you're after a mis-matched model.
Do your research on the Main site here where model detail and parts detail are available and by all means give me a shout. While no expert, I'll help if I can, I do like the Foxeye as the best of the exups. Why oh why did I sell my original. Wot a muppett!! :rolleyes:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

:welcome: to the site and Merry Christmas. :nod:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Foxeye
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Foxeye »

Hey Bonly1 - that's the one - from Anglesey. Used to live in Cheshire 30 years ago so know it well. The date of 1st reg is 1/4/94 which should make it a Foxeye no? The front callipers have been replaced with Blue Spots which did set the alarms going a little and there's a "colour change" revealed on an HPI 10/2012. Without blahing too much on here all else seems ok. Have mailed the guy from Ang and am awaiting a reply FX.

BTW would love a black '94!!!
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by BONLY1 »

Foxeye models, allegedly had Ohlins internals in front forks (gold stantions) and there is only a single pinch bolt on the lower part of each fork for clamping spindle - two pinch bolts per leg for earlier RU. Recall info somewhere about blue spots not fitting Foxeye forks? Not sure about that info; mine's still got the six pots, which the Foxeye had fitted as standard. Blue Foxeyes are deffo '95 bikes and the Angelsey bike may be just a colour change, but check the forks as above. Check tank for rusting internally too, my original was useless when I got it, fortunately found a brand new one, but doubt there's any left.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.
fzted
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by fzted »

welcome to the asylum!! its to late now you'v done it :retard: :nod:
Ride it like ya stole it
Foxeye
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Foxeye »

Thanks all so far. I guess I'll have to email Yamaha/Mitsui to find out the exact date when the first Foxeyes were realeased in '94. Once I have the VIN that is! At the mo I have a strange feeling that it may be a '92 or '93 esp if Bonly1 is right about the blue spots.
Whatever - if it's as clean as the guy says (recently fully serviced, Exup valve good, 30,000 etc) I'll prob get it anyway.
Or end up with a YZF750 and never darken your doors again!!! :D