Another Ace Project

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

Another Ace Project

Post by YZF1000R-SPRINT »

Hi Guys,

It's been quite a while since I have posted on here, anyway after several years of having several thunderaces I went out and bought a ZX12R A1 model (unrestricted) and I love it to bits, the power is amazing and this bike will (if the road is long enough) basically pass almost anything, also had my knee down on it a few times as well.

My last major project on an ace was a bronze and black one that I built up, I spent a fortune on it with YZF750 upside down forks, ohlins rear shock, big bore kit, yoshimura cams, 39mm flats, black frame and swingarm etc.

I found a you tube video of it a few years after I sold it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgb4hEwkJY

Anyway, as I have a spare Ace engine and a few bits and the back half of a frame in my cellar I thought I might do another project.

So I am just wondering what to do!

Basically I have a blank canvas, a "Y" reg thunderace rolling chassis with engine.

Any ideas?
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Is that you sat on the bike wringing its bloody neck? If it is then don't come crying to me if you break the poor thing. :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
YZF1000R-SPRINT
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by YZF1000R-SPRINT »

No, definately not me, that video was put on you tube about 2 years after I sold it on, I nearly cried when I saw it first time :crybaby: