Genesis fork oil

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
brianb887
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Genesis fork oil

Post by brianb887 »

I've just fitted new forking oil seals on my 87 genesis, how much and what grade fork oil should I use?
bb887
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

theres a manual to download in the main site tech section. Should have the details in there. BTW, Yamaha 01 fork oil is 10W
AKA Bald headed b'stard
brianb887
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by brianb887 »

Cheers fella nice1, I ain't looked at the whole site yet but I'll look for this manual and see if my phone has enough memory left.I've been working on the genesis all afternoon and it's only filling the forks n fitting a new front tyre n it's on the road,then it's time to unstreetfighter the ace with a non standard fairing and a few other different bits.pics to follow
bb887
brianb887
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by brianb887 »

Sorry to be a nuisance Stig but when I downloaded the pdf genesis manual it jammed up my phone so I had to delete it,so how much oil do I put in my forks mate?
bb887
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

425cc

without spring in leg, compress inner stanction to bottom of travel. Oil should finish 143mm below top of inner tube
AKA Bald headed b'stard
brianb887
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by brianb887 »

Cheers Stig,nice1. On another subject a friend of mine(ace owner)has been trying to register and the website wont let him,any suggestions that I can pass on plz? :D
bb887
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

tell him to email admin. Hes probably trying to register using a blocked social email address like gmail.com. If thats the case I can unlock it to allow him time to register
AKA Bald headed b'stard
robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by robertcains »

I upgraded to 15w on my 89 Exup, huge improvement
Nick
brianb887
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by brianb887 »

Thanks Nick,that sounds like the plan,especially as there's a 25l drum of it at work, think I'll do my Thunderace too
bb887
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

brianb887 wrote:Thanks Nick,that sounds like the plan,especially as there's a 25l drum of it at work, think I'll do my Thunderace too
I think that's the way to go. My Foxeye was like a pogo stick on standard oil - way underdamped. 15w calmed it down nicely.
Keep on keepin' on.