IGNITION PROBLEM OR SO

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
compo fzr ru
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

IGNITION PROBLEM OR SO

Post by compo fzr ru »

right guyz just found my first problem with the ru washed the bike a few weeks ago dried it polished and put away im of to Silverstone in 2 weeks so I thought I would start it and give it a run or warm up it fired up first push but the starter keeps turning over turned ignition off still turning over kill switch to off still going had to take seat of and undo earth wire any pointers to were problem is before I take it all to bits and put the multi meter on everything. cheers compo.

nb never had any prob's before so hope its nowt to do with the new motobatt just fitted.
08 R6 FZR 1000 RU 92 Z1R 78 79 z1000s german KTM 250 06 Z810 WISSCO PROJECT & MY DOG ZAK.

RIDE LIKE YOU NICKED IT.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

sounds like starter solenoid stuck if the starter keeps turning over. BTW, I think i have a spare if you need one
AKA Bald headed b'stard
compo fzr ru
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by compo fzr ru »

Stig wrote:sounds like starter solenoid stuck if the starter keeps turning over. BTW, I think i have a spare if you need one
cheers stig ill get to sort it on sat morn due to work ill let u know if I need one cheers compo
08 R6 FZR 1000 RU 92 Z1R 78 79 z1000s german KTM 250 06 Z810 WISSCO PROJECT & MY DOG ZAK.

RIDE LIKE YOU NICKED IT.