Gear Linkage Rod

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
thunder_taz
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Gear Linkage Rod

Post by thunder_taz »

I need to replace the gear change rod and I want to get a stainless steel one. Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that sells universal linkage rods in stainless. I have tried googling it but haven't come up with anything!!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Dangerous Dave makes things out of stainless steel. I did ask him once many moons ago if he could make me one. He said he need a left hand metric tap and die to do the job with. Sadly I haven't heard from him in a while so I've scratched it off my jobs to do list. :crybaby:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
thunder_taz
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by thunder_taz »

I bought some stainless exup bits off him a while ago and was impressed with his work. I might try messaging him.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

I have the tooling already to go for this project as i intend to make one for myself. I've bought enough stock for a single to make a prototype

I also have one already made from alu hex bar with a bit of turning along its length to slim down the bulk
AKA Bald headed b'stard
thunder_taz
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by thunder_taz »

How long do you think it will make to take one as I could do with one ASAP?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

thunder_taz wrote:How long do you think it will make to take one as I could do with one ASAP?
dont hold your breath :D Teh stuff has been on the shelf above the lather for over 2 years :lol: ...its always a round tuit job ......plus now i've got my hands full sorting the twincam in the bit of spare time I've not got my grand-daughter :retard:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

saw this and remembered this post...hope it helps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gear-change-l ... 1433182515
AKA Bald headed b'stard