Fork rebuild

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
mattblackone
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Fork rebuild

Post by mattblackone »

Hi all time to rebuild the front forks on my 93 RU
can anyone very kindly confirm i have the right part numbers for the 2 metal slide/bushes in the pic

the numbers i have are
3GM-23125-50-00
3JD-23171-LO-00

many thanks

Bill
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Well according to these Bill you have the right set of slides.

SLIDE 1

SLIDE 2
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
mattblackone
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by mattblackone »

Cheers for that
prob i have is i cannot get the bottom of the stanction on the L/H leg the grub screw has been rounded off, i have tried drilling it out and heating it up but still cant shift it, looks like iam going to try and source another bottom or a new set of forks.

Bill
mattblackone
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by mattblackone »

thanks stig but i have drilled the grub screw out its the bottom section that i cant unscrew off the stanction i have tried heating it but it wont budge, just a thought its a normal thread and not a left handed is it

cheers

Bill
martin15s
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

RU fork rebuild

Post by martin15s »

mattblackone wrote:thanks stig but i have drilled the grub screw out its the bottom section that i cant unscrew off the stanction i have tried heating it but it wont budge, just a thought its a normal thread and not a left handed is it

cheers

Bill
Just wondering if there is any update on this. I am about to undertake this and wonder if the OP can tell us how he got on.
mattblackone
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by mattblackone »

Hi i ended up buying another fork leg i tried everything but couldnt get the bottom off the leg still dont know if its right hand or left hand thread as i never got a reply to my question
martin15s
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Fork leg

Post by martin15s »

mattblackone wrote:Hi i ended up buying another fork leg i tried everything but couldnt get the bottom off the leg still dont know if its right hand or left hand thread as i never got a reply to my question
OK - many thanks for replying.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

as far as I know they are std thread (theres no reason either for them to be a left hand thread as theres no forces being applied that would cause them to unscrew if the were'nt)
AKA Bald headed b'stard