carbs

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
dee dee
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

carbs

Post by dee dee »

hello folks,got a problem with fuel coming out of the overflow pipes on my carbs.bike is a fzr 1000 r exup 1989,i've had new floats and float valve fitted by Allens performance at bingham and the float levels set.the bike runs ok apart from fuel dripping from overflow.can anyone help please,can i lower the fuel pressure from the pump?...rally season is here please help an old man...tar muchly Dee :(
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

you have a problem with either the o-ring between the orange float body and the carb and/or with the fuel needle that sits inside the float body, thats the way fuel gets in and its also the way your bike prevents it from getting too full.
Current bikes:
1989 UK FZR 1000 EXUP-R Streetfighter @48,000 miles
1993 ZXR 400 L3 UK-spec Track-bike @21,000 miles
1994 ZXR 400 L4 UK-spec Commuter @48,000 miles
1999 Malaguti Phantom F12 scooter with 70cc kit+mods @14,000 miles
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

Might just be a little sliver of crap stopping the float valve closing. identify which side carb it is by the overflow pipe and just give those 2 carbs a look at...you can do this on the bike if your careful.
Last edited by joeboy on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Allens are top folk for carbs and parts. Are they local to you?

Being as they've set the float heights i'd err to the side of some debris in the bowls/float needle area
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Lukather
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

How much

Post by Lukather »

How much did they charge to do the carbs pal?

thanks
dee dee
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

carbs

Post by dee dee »

Thanks to one and all ,took carbs of (again) getting good at it now emptied 2xcans of carb cleaner into 'um, fitted back on ,load of red-X into petroltank...BINGO all good,no dripping ...thanks again....Dee :D