New here and its my round

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
Archangel
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

New here and its my round

Post by Archangel »

Hi All

I'm Daz from Surrey and own an '87 Genesis. I know its a pre exup, but thought I'd come along and join the party :)
Looks a lot better in a picture than in the metal, as most do, but it's not a bad old thing, with the usual battle scars. I've done the oil change,plugs,filter bit and have flushed the brown sludge and filled with proper coolant. I've fitted dyna coils, K&N filter and fitted a set of R1 calipers along with braided lines (which are proving a pita to bleed) the bug bear I have at the moment is the fuel pump. I've fitted new points, but something is amiss. fires up ok, but after a couple of minutes, dies and wont restart. Sure I'll get to the bottom of it...
Be good to meet up at a few meets this year.

Cheers

Daz

Fatdog
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by Fatdog »

:welcome: Archangel

Its a old Yamaha so you are more than welcome here!
Nice to see it's still in it's original paint after all this time.
If you get stuck with your bikes issues - we are here to help. :nod:
1993 YZF750R
EXUP - Knee Down
Archangel
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Archangel »

Cheers Fella. :D

I think that most of the ones with any kind of damage to the fairings get fightered, due to being so cheap.I brought mine as I'm a big fan of the twin headlight endurance racing look, from the eighties. I'm not going to go overboard on the bodywork,just tidy it up a bit and get the fairing brackets and other parts that have got manky in the last 27 years powder coated to make it look a bit better, then get on and enjoy it.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Welcome in Archangel. :thumbsup:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Archangel
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Archangel »

Cheers nuggit :)
rdgravy
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by rdgravy »

Welcome in chap. I'll have a nice strong cuppa tea please pal, straight up, two sugars, no ice. :D