Jet holder seals on my FZR-R

The place to come to share your technical expertise, or just find out what the little springy thing is that's just pinged out of sight under the work-bench.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Jet holder seals on my FZR-R

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I've got a fuelling glitch below 5k & having problems isolating where the problem is. In the past i've tried new ignition leads, new spark plugs, new emulsion tubes. The valve clearances are within spec & compression is good. I replaced the inlet manifolds with late RU items that don't have the dam moulded in place.

So I looked at the seals between the jet holder & the main body of the carb & they looked like this

Taking into account how unleaded petrol contains anywhere between 5% & 10% ethanol...which affects seals, I thought it best to replace them as they could have been leaking between the chambers.

This is what the new ones look like, with an 'AA' battery for comparison

Did it make a differance? Not one jot. But I can now say that they'll last another 40,000 miles
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

I had trouble with the jet holder seals before I was sure they were allowing a little fuel to transfer from the main to the idle circuit and vice versa.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

I've changed those seals before and they were flat as a pancake , didn't make any difference either.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

I like the way you've done FZR-R by the way 👍
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock