yzf fighter project/winter fettle

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
parappadog
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

yzf fighter project/winter fettle

Post by parappadog »

Evening all. Some of you may remember i got another yzf fighter beginning of this year with my original panels from my first fighter on it. Anyways ive ridden it all year putting off some well needed attention in the mechanical dept.. Although it did win "best non harley" in a harley show in the summer.. It was the only non harley there!! :lol:
This was the bike when i got it in feb
Stripped her down
Hads some bits to the powder coaters.. Frame and swingarm in satin black powder coat, wheels and rear shock spring coated orange. All new bearings throughout the bike,

Ive started the long job of polishing :crybaby: billet top yolk, footpegs and hangers, sprocket cover, still lots more to do.....
I have got a complete 2003 R1 front end for it complete with Maxton cartridges. fits straight in if u press the yzf stem into the bottom yolk. Gold spot calipers and 14mm cylinder, Im also using the EMC shocker i bought off Bonly1 on a home made top mount which ive also had serviced while its out..
The engine is mint and has a hobbsport gasflowed and ported head and it uses no oil :eek: so im leaving that alone bar a good clean up and paint.. Also has stage 3 carbs and k/n pods on it..
Bodywork... i have a full set of spare panels (need the r1 front muddie though) im planning on having them wrapped in carbon fibre look wrapping.. my mate who originally painted it is wanting to do it and i think it will look really nice..

Couple of Q;'s.... I want to run a blue spot rear caliper (already bought the hanger) and cant remember who did the conversion on here?? Anyone help?

Also anyone have any rearsets for sale or know of any other models that fit? my original one had robbymoto sets on and i would really like some more.. No-one seems to make em for the 750 anymore :(

More pics/details to follow as i crack on with it... :D
Spending all my money on toys and then trying to find the time to ride em all.. I need a BIGGER garage..
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Nice going on the bike. Sounds like you've spent plenty of time and money on it so far

hope this helps with the rear caliper :cool:

http://www.exup1000.co.uk/tech_info_area/rearconv.htm
AKA Bald headed b'stard
parappadog
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by parappadog »

Thanks Paul..iknew I had seen it somewhere but couldnt seem to find it on here.. im better with spanners than keyboards.. :lol:
ive been collecting bits for it all summer so kinda spread the cost out.. by the time its done I could have bought a really nice bike but I like having something different. Really wish I had kept my original sp cos it had all the proper bits on it to start with. Live and learn :retard:

Ill be after a set of bones for it soon.ill give u a yell. Ta mate.
Spending all my money on toys and then trying to find the time to ride em all.. I need a BIGGER garage..
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

parappadog wrote: Ill be after a set of bones for it soon.ill give u a yell. Ta mate.
..and I suppose you'll be wanting them polished too :rolleyes: :lol:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
parappadog
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by parappadog »

Well if your offering....
come and do it all if u want :nod: :lol:

Ive done that much this lsst week the guys at work think ive got into wearing eyeliner... :rolleyes: :crybaby:
Rockmonster
Technician
Technician

Post by Rockmonster »

Looking good mate. Looked nicer than mine before you stripped it!