MFW Adjustable Footpegs

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
povalinho
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

MFW Adjustable Footpegs

Post by povalinho »

I bought a pair of MFW adjustable footpegs from M&P to ease the riding position on my 1990 Exup. When I owned a 1998 Fireblade they made the riding much more comfortable and I'm happy to report that they've achieved the same on the Exup.

They are easy to fit and well made. The only downside is that as the footrests sit slightly further out on each side, the reach to the gear lever is further inwards. I shall be investigating how easy it is to modify the lever to rectify this. The height of the gear lever is easily adjusted to match the lower level of the footrest. On the other side the rear brake lever also needs to be adjusted down to match the lower level of the footrest.

I'll be running this set up for a few weeks and then make up my mind as to whether a handlebar conversion is necessary to further improve riding comfort.
Cheese_butty
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Cheese_butty »

Hi,

How are the MFW pegs to use? I know it's a long time, but any information and experience would be helpful as I'm considering them.

Also, did you approach the bar issue?

Regards