One year on.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

fang wrote:keep the pics coming :D
You don't need to ask me twice. :lol:

Fitted the catch bottle back on today after giving it a buff. It is the one that was on the bike when I got it, I think it is home made looking at it and it is pitted to hell but I actually like it so on it goes.

Where the pipe pushes onto the radiator, do I need to clamp it or is a good push fit enough?
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

A good push fit it fine, it's not subjected to any pressure.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
Andyf
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Andyf »

I bet you aint even looked at the sub fram yet have you
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Andyf wrote:I bet you aint even looked at the sub fram yet have you
I have made a start and chopped all the unwanted bits off, all I need to do now is figure out how to bend it.

How do you bend 20mm box section?
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

easiest way is cut n shut. Could try filling it with sand, closing off the ends and then heating the area to be bent...then bend it around a mandrel

just an idea
AKA Bald headed b'stard
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Scrapped that idea about bending things, started work on making one from scratch, much easier and will end up right instead of a compromise (I hope :rolleyes: )
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Been trying to get a one piece riser for the handlebars without too much success, so I drew one up and sent to an engineering firm to see what he could do. I got the result back today and I've got to say I'm well very happy with it. A bit big maybe but when it's all together it should sort itself out.

There is a hole down the middle of it for me to run the wires down which will be going through the middle of the bars from small switches that sort of fit inside the bars (if that makes sense).
Pitbull
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by Pitbull »

That is one lovely piece of art,

Wont ask how much......
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

Bodged the riser and bars on to get an idea of what it would look like. I still need to modify the top yoke, but that's another story.

I need to chop the bars down a bit as they are way too long. Not looking too bad though and the lights are starting to grow on me.
The clutch master cylinder balances things up a bit which I am made up with. :D
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

While the sun was out I thought I'd try the tank and tail piece on, the "tail piece" being a V-max petrol tank cover.
Seems to work though the final fit is still a bit of a mystery at the moment.

The tin of glue is to hold the subframe in place.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

The overflow tube from the radiator has to be submerged in fluid so that when the coolant cools down it sucks fluid back into the rad rather than air, it needs to be routed to the bottom of the container.
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

I thought the R1 forks were too short to be used on the EXUP?

From the looks of your bike, they are plenty long enough (possibly holding the front even higher than standard) I like it, it looks really good.
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

creedxup wrote:The overflow tube from the radiator has to be submerged in fluid so that when the coolant cools down it sucks fluid back into the rad rather than air, it needs to be routed to the bottom of the container.
That's what I have been told by someone else so the blue tube runs to the bottom of the bottle inside, will that be OK or do I have to redo it?
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

creedxup wrote:I thought the R1 forks were too short to be used on the EXUP?

From the looks of your bike, they are plenty long enough (possibly holding the front even higher than standard) I like it, it looks really good.
They are a bit shorter than the RU forks but I have claimed about 15mm back by having them low down in the top yoke and putting covers over the holes. It's proably still about 10mm lower but I can live with that, may just steer a bit quicker.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

Post by creedxup »

dieffe wrote:
creedxup wrote:The overflow tube from the radiator has to be submerged in fluid so that when the coolant cools down it sucks fluid back into the rad rather than air, it needs to be routed to the bottom of the container.
That's what I have been told by someone else so the blue tube runs to the bottom of the bottle inside, will that be OK or do I have to redo it?
No, if it runs to the bottom of the bottle and it's covered by coolant it'll be fine.