Downsizing

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
FZR..AL
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by FZR..AL »

I only get about 130 miles till reserve :eek:

On the point of downsizing i'm thinking of a
little NC30 as a project bike...but will be
keeping the exup :D :D :D

Al
itsnotagenesis
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by itsnotagenesis »

plodder wrote:Yours must be a super exup then cos my exup's tank is gone after 140 miles
It all changed after I changed the emulsion tubes, the milage shot up so I was pleased :nod:
plodder

Post by plodder »

FZR..AL wrote:On the point of downsizing i'm thinking of a
little NC30 as a project bike...
H :barf:
FZR..AL
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by FZR..AL »

I know i know Lee...it may be a honda but was claimed to be the best 400 sports bike bar none :nod:

But there again i aint ruled out any other 400's....i used to have a gsxr 400 which did everything you wanted it too.

And i'd take an FZR400 if one turned up at the right price...hows ures going,do you have to rev it hard to get anywhere?i bet it feels nice and light compared to the 1000.

Al
plodder

Post by plodder »

My 06/07 R6 shock and adaptor was fitted today, so hopefully the pogo-like handling on the rear will still be sorted.

Unfortunately one of the forks has a major leak but the spares I bought that supposedly neded new seals actually dont and the oil on the stanchions was actually red rubber grease that the previous owner of the forks had put between the dust covers and the seals. The forks have just been fitted, so once I've cleaned & greased the brake caliper pistons to reduce the lever travel then I think this bile will be a gud un. :D
plodder

Post by plodder »

FZR..AL wrote:And i'd take an FZR400 if one turned up at the right price...hows ures going,do you have to rev it hard to get anywhere?i bet it feels nice and light compared to the 1000.

Al
It does bog down if you try to ride it around everywhere in top and you don't get that reassurance on overtaking that you can always open the taps to get you out of trouble.

Up to now the handling has been shocking (pardon the pun) but as per previous post, I've got a late R6 shock on it as of today. Once I put it all back together from the fork change then I'll have another play and I'm hoping that it has transformed the bike.

Al, you have a PM (info for you that's top sectet)
FZR..AL
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by FZR..AL »

Pm'd u back Lee and what u have wrote above answers my question...cheers mate :nod:

Al
plodder

Post by plodder »

I did have a look at a ZXR400 (USD forks & vacuum cleaner hoses) but price wasn't right.
plodder

Post by plodder »

Went out on the 400 last night with the 2006 R6 shock fitted and it was a completely different bike. Also serviced the calipers so it stops reasonable well too.

It seemed to have a limiter at 13000 rpm where it was giving up (redline is 14000) but it did eventually get to 14000. After a damn good thrashing to Yoda's it revs out to 15000 (not sure when the limiter atually cuts in) and feels less stifled at the top end. I'm assuming blocked jet or something due to the previous owner not opening the throttle but as it's cured itself I'm not going to get too worried about it.
Converted to pedal power. Now skinny as fook.