Ok, you can beat me now.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Winterwolf
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by Winterwolf »

Theres no hope for you woman :D
If your forkin out a lot of dosh for something then you better test ride it is my moto.... especially when your not used to that style... you may not like it, or it could be shite (is it new?) .. I had to test ride 2 BlackBirds before I found one I liked.

But thats secondary, primary is that you need to know your hand isnt going to give you grief after 30 minutes on any bike.
K4 Suzuki Hayabusa
- Go on you know you want one! :)
barfly
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by barfly »

So how many people posting have actually ridden an XJR :rolleyes:
Brakes??? I thought thats what pedestrians were for!
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

barfly wrote:So how many people posting have actually ridden an XJR :rolleyes:
:nod:
"Who was that masked man?"
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Winterwolf wrote:Theres no hope for you woman :D
If your forkin out a lot of dosh for something then you better test ride it is my moto.... especially when your not used to that style... you may not like it, or it could be shite (is it new?) .. I had to test ride 2 BlackBirds before I found one I liked.

But thats secondary, primary is that you need to know your hand isnt going to give you grief after 30 minutes on any bike.
You don't test ride a new bike you plonker, you test ride a demonstrator. Just how many 'new' bikes have you bought again there slappy? :whistle:

I used to have a GS, smaller but similar riding style, loved it, and I've ridden god knows how many miles on Motocross bikes, long time ago mind you. :ninja:
If a brand new bike is shite it goes back to the dealer now dun't.
You had to refuse the first Blackbird because it was a heap of junk. :rolleyes:

The main problem with my hand is down to weight transfer. Sports bike, bent forward with angled wrists and your hands take all the pressure in braking and turning. Big muscle bike, sit up and let the bike do everything. . . wake me when we get there. :D
Some days I can actually ride a lot longer than others so half an hour test ride might not show anything, not to mention a ride round the block isn't enough to let you know if you like a bike or not, in my opinion, you need at least a full day of pottering not just half an hour as a test ride, but that's another rant.

Oh, and in case you've mist the subtle points I've been previously making, I'm not buying it, this is Elspeth's bike. :cool:
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Rutz wrote:Err .....you haven't had a test ride have you...don't forget its a sit up and beg riding position...I couldn't ride in that position,it aint natural :nod:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winterwolf
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by Winterwolf »

Arcanum wrote:
Winterwolf wrote:Theres no hope for you woman :D

You don't test ride a new bike you plonker, you test ride a demonstrator. Just how many 'new' bikes have you bought again there slappy? :whistle:

I used to have a GS, smaller but similar riding style, loved it, and I've ridden god knows how many miles on Motocross bikes, long time ago mind you. :ninja:
If a brand new bike is shite it goes back to the dealer now dun't.
You had to refuse the first Blackbird because it was a heap of junk. :rolleyes:

The main problem with my hand is down to weight transfer. Sports bike, bent forward with angled wrists and your hands take all the pressure in braking and turning. Big muscle bike, sit up and let the bike do everything. . . wake me when we get there. :D
Some days I can actually ride a lot longer than others so half an hour test ride might not show anything, not to mention a ride round the block isn't enough to let you know if you like a bike or not, in my opinion, you need at least a full day of pottering not just half an hour as a test ride, but that's another rant.

Oh, and in case you've mist the subtle points I've been previously making, I'm not buying it, this is Elspeth's bike. :cool:

Obviously you ride the demonstrator if its a new bike ye plonk, otherwise all bikes would have be pre registered wastes of space..... my point is that if you buy a new bike you get a test ride (yes on a demonstrater) .... if its a 2nd hand bike even just a couple of years old you ride it.

Blackbird point exactly, never buy without a ride of it.
I assumed you were buying 2nd hand as no point in buying new.... the XJR has been round since 99 with the only change being uprated brakes and carbs in 2004

Either way I hope your hand is works out.... you'll have no excuses not to join us for rideouts then :p
K4 Suzuki Hayabusa
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Winterwolf wrote:Obviously you ride the demonstrator if its a new bike ye plonk, otherwise all bikes would have be pre registered wastes of space..... my point is that if you buy a new bike you get a test ride (yes on a demonstrater) .... if its a 2nd hand bike even just a couple of years old you ride it.
Errrrrrrrr, wasn't that my point? :retard:
M and S on the hill didn't even have a new XJR on the floor! Demonstrator sir, noooooooo sir.
Ian Bell don't hold a demonstrator of the XJR. I'm guessing Yamaha don't sell enough of them to to bother. Or the following for that model is strong enough not to need it. From what I've heard most people who get one stick to them. :paranoid:
Winterwolf wrote:Blackbird point exactly, never buy without a ride of it.
I assumed you were buying 2nd hand as no point in buying new.... the XJR has been round since 99 with the only change being uprated brakes and carbs in 2004
'Cause I'd ride a second hand one you muppet, but it ain't second hand it's brand spankers, like I've been saying. :doh:
Errrrrrrr, you might want to look again at the new XJR. Besides having new blue spots which are actually silver this year, it's also now got a four into one pipe, instead of the four into two (which was cooler I reckon) and the ohlins are now three way adjustable for this year. Carbs? It's fuel injected plonker. :lol: Also got a redesigned seat, mirrors, and dash. :cool:
Winterwolf wrote:Either way I hope your hand is works out.... you'll have no excuses not to join us for rideouts then :p
I have very little doubt that this is gonna make the change I need. :nod:
If you want to join us on rides mate you better get yourself a tent. . . we got plans. :unibrow: :cool:
Winterwolf
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by Winterwolf »

You must have money to burn then mate :nod:
got the tent, got the luggage, been there done that..... Depends on how far you want to go. The roads and camping up near Fort William are good if you ever fancy it.
K4 Suzuki Hayabusa
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Winterwolf wrote:You must have money to burn then mate :nod:
got the tent, got the luggage, been there done that..... Depends on how far you want to go. The roads and camping up near Fort William are good if you ever fancy it.
We were thing more like Inverness and Thurso for starters. :lol:
Winterwolf
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by Winterwolf »

We went to pooleybridge I think last time... Really nice place.... close by, loads of places you can just turn upto without planning... and the village has lots of pubs :D then its just a stagger back ot your tent
K4 Suzuki Hayabusa
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Arcanum wrote:
Winterwolf wrote:You must have money to burn then mate :nod:
We were thing more like Inverness and Thurso for starters. :lol:
Hey Rob, is there a camp site at the end of your street then :eek: :paranoid: :paranoid: :D

certainly plenty around our way that you COULD venture to :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rf9rider
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by rf9rider »

I think he meant he`s going camping in his front garden. :D
Winterwolf
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by Winterwolf »

Sounds like hes got a reputation :p
K4 Suzuki Hayabusa
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

Winterwolf wrote:Sounds like hes got a reputation :p
Everyone knows me soooooooooooooo well. :D
Arcanum
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Arcanum »

rf9rider wrote:I think he meant he`s going camping in his front garden. :D
Not at all mate, there's a nice grassed drainage easement just over our side fence. :nod: