Tank Protection

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Re: Tank Protection

Post by bunk »

Nick wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:39 am Hi Bunk,

I agree 100%. They should all be riders and drivers. Make them look nice and get out and have fun.
I have several bikes and cars, but nothing newer than 1999. The only downside I find is the regular need for attention. Multiply this by several vehicles and it can be very time consuming. All forgotten when out and about, unless they break down mid ride or drive of course. Parts can also be an issue.

Hope all goes well with the 'Slabby's ' carbs. Of all the bikes I have owned and worked on, removing and refitting Suzuki carbs always seemed to be a pain compared to the other brands.

I hope that this regular to and fro of messages is not too intrusive. Let me know if this is not the case.

Have a good day, and probably a hot one given your location.
Especially hot this am since my AC died last night ! I believe i know the issue, shouldn't cost too much to fix.

I dont have a issue chatting it up, just a bit awkward in a thread about gas tank protection. lol

My slabby is the first suzuki 4 stroke ive owned, i read about the carb servicing nightmares but removing them wasnt too bad. Hopefully i have time to install them today. Fixing AC comes first.

My fleet is mostly old as well, my 05 fazer being the newest. I fix everything myself and stay away from modern rigs with more than 2 miles of wires.
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

About 77f/25c here today. Reasonably comfortable. Done a bit of paintwork and clear on my partners '96 Miata (MX5 in the UK). Should keep her happy for a while. Not sure about spraying in 100 degree temperatures though. Probably dry in the gun. As I was saying in an earlier post, there's always something to do on older vehicles.
I shall await the anticipated good news. Are you using the standard airbox?
bunk
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Post by bunk »

Nick wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:26 pm About 77f/25c here today. Reasonably comfortable. Done a bit of paintwork and clear on my partners '96 Miata (MX5 in the UK). Should keep her happy for a while. Not sure about spraying in 100 degree temperatures though. Probably dry in the gun. As I was saying in an earlier post, there's always something to do on older vehicles.
I shall await the anticipated good news. Are you using the standard airbox?
The good news is here, a/c run capacitor was no good. $55 later and sweat is drying on me. Amazon sells the exact part i just replaced for $19.39 so i have 3 on the way. If you have central air i highly suggest getting spares, they are the #1 failure item in them. totally detailed on youtube.

The slabby is 100% bone stock now, it had a no baffle pipe and jet kit. But i got it with the stock exh and sourced jets. It passed the overnight test so the carbs are getting installed. After i cool off. Patience is the key, im in no rush to get them in.
90 fzr1k in black, 91 fzr1k parts bike, 05 fz1/fazer daily ride. Thats just the yams.
Nick
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by Nick »

Hi Bunk,
Capacitor failure, now there's a surprise. Number 1 failure item in most things in my experience. I do dabble in electronics, mainly audio equipment from the vacuum tube era. A little bit of work on items using early transistors, but quite often it's easier to obtain tubes than the early transistors so I generally stick to the former. Glad it's all sorted and you have the foresight to keep spares. I am a great believer in 'Redundancy'. Of course now you have it repaired I fully expect unseasonably cold weather in the Tyler area of Texas.

'Bone stock', always the most desirable of items. It's sounding better all the time.

Have a good weekend.