4 Years ago

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I'm still tinkering in the garage. Yesterday I changed the old carb bolts for some nice new allen head bolts.

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I gave my front brake and clutch lever a good clean up yesterday and re-greased everything up.

Today I did the same with the choke lever. that was a bit gunged up with old grease and road dirt. All done now and it's a lot smoother. :nod:

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

These were my two jobs I did yesterday. I know it's something and nothing or as we Yorkshire folk would say "summa't and nowt", but it keeps the pages turning over in this good book we have here. :D

All nice and cleaned up and re-greased ready for action next year. :nod:

The rear brake.

I'm getting rid of that rear brake light switch because it has a crack in it. I've just ordered a pressure switch so I'll be fitting that next spring when I change my old brake fluid over for new. :nod:
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

I presume Mrs Nuggitt was out for the day while you used her dishwasher.
Keep on keepin' on.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I've managed to put the bike in its storage bag this morning so she's all tucked up nice and dry for the winter. She's looking very naked without her top coat on. I had a few more little jobs to do but they can wait till spring time.

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

Shame on you. Should at least have her underwear on inside the bag

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184581527680
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

She wears her underwear like Wonder Woman on the outside. :D

Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No way I'll ever do this!

A bike is for being on the road, not tucked in a bag...

Personally, I don't care whether it freezes or rains, if I want to hit the road, I just go :p

I remember riding from Brighton to Dover on a (very) snowy day (for a funeral...); I was overtaking every single car on the road :D The only thing in this case, is that you forget there is a lever under your right fingers...

Enjoy your hibernation! :drunk:
Teego

Post by Teego »

Nicoxj wrote::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No way I'll ever do this!

A bike is for being on the road, not tucked in a bag...

Personally, I don't care whether it freezes or rains, if I want to hit the road, I just go :p

I remember riding from Brighton to Dover on a (very) snowy day (for a funeral...); I was overtaking every single car on the road :D The only thing in this case, is that you forget there is a lever under your right fingers...

Enjoy your hibernation! :drunk:
John has a very special relationship with his bike. He had it on a Greek island with a smaller road network than the Beverley inner ring road.
Keep on keepin' on.
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Good for the winter riders ,but, I used to slide about in the snow and rain, with my right hand feeling like it had been hit with a hammer because of the cold. Off road in winter ok but on road? really what is the point after you have got it out of your system. I was a courier - winter really isn't fun when its constant and eventually the odds stack against you on that one occasion. It wrecks bike too ( people really don't seem to take care of their bikes ). Taking care like Nuggit has is not to be sneered at. My bike lives in the lounge (no fuel in) and will probably never see another wet road in its life.
Well I'll be .....
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

Sorry I did not want to be rude...

It was more a joke than anything else; I totally respect your choice (and actually understand it!).

It is true that I have ridden in every type of weather, and funny enough the only thing that would keep the bike in is ice. I am not really sensitive to cold or heat, I have decent rain gears (dry until 3h or pouring rain :) ) so any time is good for me to hit the road.

Now, I am a youngster (only 50) and I am really riding-addict.

Many of my friends (even way younger) would rather take 4 wheels when I am still on 2; their choice and I don't judge.

It is true that the bike is not a working tool (except for customer visits), so I always have the choice.

Again, apologies if I have been rude

Nic
Goshreally2
Technician
Technician

Post by Goshreally2 »

Sorry mate, I wasn't trying to have a dig ..... I forgot to put a big smiley at the end. :D All the best to you for this years celebrations.
Well I'll be .....
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Spot on Stig. :thumbsup:
Nicoxj
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by Nicoxj »

I don't remember summer or winter 76, first of all I was 6, and then at that time I was living in Ottawa...

My old man used to ride as well (he hung the helmet at the age of 70), and I remember seeing him riding back from work in winter in Canada.

But we live in a free world (luckily for us!), and I wil never judge.

Enjoy the winter feasts!

Nic
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Nicoxj wrote:I don't remember summer or winter 76
I remember the Summer of '76 very well. I was on leave from the Navy & was riding around on my first road bike that i'd left in my parents garage while I was away. It was VERY HOT :cool:
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk