Thank you for the addition..... GEORGIA - U.S.A.

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!
kboehringer
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey

Replacement Needles....New Tire.

Post by kboehringer »

Teego wrote:
OGRI wrote: As for your needles, there is a company in Cali that makes them in titanium.
I will dig the address out for you, they were about $120 a set and if you want to go the whole hog, they offer extra hard nickel plated tubes to match.
OGRI
Factory Pro do stainless steel tubes. I liked them.
Teego & Orgi,
Thank you. Any information on these sellers would be very much appreciated. I need to get these replaced and it may take a bit to get them.

Stig,
I tried the high heat. Not sure what a "MOLE GRIP IS?". Perhaps this is what we call Vice Grips? I drilled them, heated them to heck, and tried an easy out. Still stuck. I will let them sit some more and then drill out and re-tap the holes if necessary...... A couple more days with penetrant and a couple more shots of high heat may do it....

Today's Progress..... Working ten different items at a time it seems.

I ordered Pirelli Diablo II tires for my FZR. I hope in the opinion of those on this forum this was a good choice? I have had great success with Pirelli tires and ALL my bikes (excluding the LiL-Honda) have Pirelli tires.

This is my only true "SPORT BIKE" and my first true "SPORT BIKE". Hopefully these tires will be perform well in the corners?

Anything is better than what was on the bike...... :(
According to the factory date code on the tires, they were 19 years OLD!!! I believe the machine was in service about 5 years ago so someone was riding around on tires that (at that time) were already twice as old as recommended. Taking a ride on these is taking a serious risk!!!

Unfortunately the matching rear tire was back ordered and will not arrive until next week. :mad:

This is a huge holiday weekend for us in the States and I won't be able to do any riding on the FZR without the new rear tire installed as well. Just not a safe move.... I would prefer to keep ME and the FZR in one piece.....
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by OGRI »

Hello Kurt, Yes Teego was correct about Factory Pro, I emailed the chap some time ago and he was very helpful, I shall get the Ti Pro kit before I emigrate to Spain. My Exup 89 has only 27k miles so it runs ok at present.
Your XS was indeed ugly at the beginning, still a bargain at $300, but you have saved it from the scrapyard and what a beauty it now is.
Pirelli make great tyres, though I have never felt much difference for road use and would get the cheapest brand name that I could find.
Scroll down and do not hesitate to contact him for advice. Post some pics if you get the Ti kit.
Happy 4th, OGRI. http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prody06.html